Dietetics & Nutrition
At Hoys our team of Accredited Practising Dietitians (APD’s) are passionate about providing practical evidence-based nutrition advice tailored to your needs for improved health outcomes.
Sessions focused on core muscle activation and strengthening through the use of specialised core equipment (reformer and trapeze table). The versatility of the equipment enables beginners through to advanced attendants to participate, helpful for people who have trouble getting on and off the floor.
Core Mat - Beginner
A way of exercising using low impact flexibility and endurance movements to develop muscular strength. Balance, core strength and better postural alignment. Fundamentals of Pilates gradually increasing the intensity of your workout. Excellent in treating lower back pain and tightness of muscles.
Core Mat - Intermediate
A class designed to create a stronger core, lean long muscles and strong backs. Power stretching and core cardio moves are incorporated to leave your body feeling strong and revitalised and your muscles relaxed. Equipment such as the band, ring and ball are used in this class.
Aquatic Physiotherapy is a specifically designed exercise program conducted in a heated swimming pool which provides a supported non-weight bearing exercise environment. Hydrotherapy classes can be booked as an individual 1:1 session, supervised 1:4 session.
Tai Chi is a low-impact, gentle form of exercise that can benefit individuals of all ages and fitness levels.
Tai Chi can:
- Improve balance & coordination
- Reduced Stress & anxiety
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
How we can help
APD’s are the most qualified healthcare professionals to provide medical nutrition therapy and the only nutrition professionals recognised by the Australian Government and Medicare.
Dietitian & Nutrition Services
Our Dietitians can help you with a broad range of nutritional issues including:
- Diabetes (Impaired glucose tolerance, PCOS, type 1, type 2 and gestational)
- Eating disorders
- Pediatrics (fussy eating, autism spectrum disorder, failure to thrive, obesity)
- Weight management
- Food intolerance & allergy
- Coeliac disease
- Nutrient deficiency - eg. iron deficiency anaemia
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Gastrointestinal concerns - Diverticular disease, GORD, constipation.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Renal disease
- Liver disease
- Life cycle nutrition - pregnancy support, geriatric support
- Culturally diverse nutrition and food literacy
What to expect from a Dietitian consultation?
A consultation with one of our Dietitians generally involves:
- A comprehensive diet and lifestyle assessment.
- Detailed education involving the most up-to-date and credible source of nutrition information.
- Development of individualised goals.
- Evidence-based practical strategies to suit your needs.
Progress is monitored at regular follow-up consultations which involve further dietary intervention to achieve your goals.
At Hoys we accept referrals from Enhanced Primary Care (EPC), Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), National disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). For private patients, no referral is required, and private health cover rebates are available.
How to Book
You can easily book online through our Gensolve platform or call our office to book over the phone.