Why Do Pilates
Seven reasons to give Pilates a go..
- Increase your core, pelvic floor, hip and neck muscle strength
- Improve your balance
- Improve your sitting and standing posture
- Increase your flexibility
- Safe rehabilitation for previous injuries
- Improved body awareness
- Prevention of injuries
As we head into a new month, after a busy start to the year, it might be time to re-evaluate your exercise goals. Did you have a goal
to try something new? Or have you been ignoring a niggly injury that hasn’t settled yet. Maybe you have had a history of neck and back pain issues in the past, that haven’t fully recovered.
Pilates is a safe and fun way to strengthen the important muscle in your body for injury prevention and treatment. Motivation and lack of time are two main reasons we neglect our bodies and don’t do the exercises we need. Having a designated time once or twice a week in Pilates classes is a great way to maintain consistency and reap the benefits of a specific strengthening program.
Why do Pilates with Hoys:
- Run by experienced Physiotherapists with additional training in Pilates– who have extensive knowledge about the body and how it works
- Previous injuries? – our Physiotherapists can monitor your injuries and provide alternative exercises if needed
- Small group classes – our group classes are limited to 6 per class. This allows our Physiotherapist to monitor your technique and provide constant feedback during the class
- Targets the right muscles – our classes are designed to target certain muscle groups in the body that are known to cause pain or injury in the body
- Health fund rebates – health funds will only provide rebates for Pilates if it is performed with a qualified Physiotherapist.
Tuesday: Jetty – 5.30 pm*
Wednesday: Sawtell – 5:30 pm*
Thursday: Sawtell – 5.00 pm*
*$20 per class, by appointment only