This delicious salad provides a great balance of vitamins, minerals and good carbohydrates, whilst being FODMAP, gluten free, vegan friendly.
- 1 red capsicum with seeds removed (sliced thinly)
- ½ small kent pumpkin
- 1 large carrot (peeled and cut into thick slices)
- ½ sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs dried spices (e.g. cumin, coriander, turmeric, dutch cinnamon)
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups quinoa, raw
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss all the of the chopped vegetables, in a large bowl with a little oil. Season to taste with dried spices, salt and pepper.
- Place all vegetables onto a baking tray. Cook in oven for 30-45 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Rinse quinoa very well and place in a large pot. Add 3 cups of water and bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Quinoa is cooked when the water is evaporated. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Mix cooked vegetables through cools quinoa and gently stir through chopped fresh herbs to finish. Serve warm.
** Adapted from Monash University low fodmap diet guide.
If you are looking for nutrition advice, please read more about our qualified dietician team and services on our Dietician & Nutrition page.