A favourite summer recipe from Hoys Dietitian Rachel
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250g halloumi cheese
- 400g can baby beets, drained and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 300g mixed baby spinach and rocket leaves, washed
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ground pepper, to taste
- Slice halloumi cheese and grill on a medium heat until soft and golden.
- Place baby beets, cooked halloumi, onion, mixed baby spinach and rocket leaves in a large bowl.
- In a small screw-top jar, add olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic and shake to combine to make dressing.
- Drizzle dressing over salad vegetables and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with feta and walnuts and, season with black pepper and serve immediately.