It’s that time of year and running from work to a Christmas Party, with extra social activities thrown in on the weekend can wreak a bit of havoc on any healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few tips from the Hoys team on how to keep things under wrap, just a little, this festive season so you don’t have to pull out the big New Years Resolution guns come the first of January;
- If you can, try and fill up on some healthy food options before you head out. It’s far less tempting to grab those extra arancini if you’re not starving when you arrive
- Opt for a soda (or two) in between drinks. The calories in alcoholic beverages will sneak up on you over the length of the season, and it will also help you with feeling good about yourself the next morning (and may even prevent a Christmas party injury or inappropriate staff party pash). Choosing a white spirit and soda over a glass of wine is also a good way to ditch some calories.
- Move a little more. If you know you have a couple of food and drink-related events coming up, walk or exercise a little more. Just an extra 20-30minutes of moderate exercise per day can help to balance that Christmas cheer
- If you’re taking a plate, include some guilt-free snacks that you can nibble on happily without having to eat something that will make you feel sluggish and heavy the next day
- And finally, surround yourself with great people. A good conversation and a laugh does wonders for the soul, and that’s what Christmas is all about right?!
Best of all, enjoy the Summertime with friends and family!